A Wallet Done Right - A Summary
This is the last article in our feature series for winter/spring 2019. We have for some weeks now been posting blog posts about highlighted features in our wallet, how they work and how they are supposed to be of value to our users. We wanted to invite our users into the ideas behind the wallet, its purpose and how we have personally been thinking in the development and process.
Here is a summary and brief presentation of the features that we have talked about during this series:
- Cold Storage: How we developed our cold storage solution so that nobody has to pay extra for keeping their funds safe. Simply install the COINiD Vault to a spare, offline, smartphone and you are all set.
- Hot Storage: In this article we dispel the myth that mobile hot wallets are unsafe. Address verification with the COINiD Vault, private keys protected in your device and only publicly available blockchain data are some of the safety functions added in our wallet.
- COINiD Wallet vs Vault: Why are two applications better than one? Here we present the purpose of the two apps, the difference between them and how they work together.
- Transaction Batching: The beauty of batching transactions in order to save space on the blockchain and reduce your transaction fees. We have also added a smart-fee estimation in order for you not to overpay any transaction fees.
- Segwit: While on the subject about saving space on the blockchain. With Segregated Witness you can fit more transactions into one block by separating the signature data from the transaction data. Plus, with reduced transaction size, you also tend to pay smaller fees.
- Sign message: How can you prove to someone that it was actually you who sent a transaction when the public address is not enough and you should not expose your private keys? The sign-message function gives you a custom signature for this identification.
- Security: A recurrent theme in our articles and product presentations. This is a summary of our security solutions and how you can feel safe when trading crypto.
A while ago, we also presented our spring news including new features, performance enhancement and improved design. Some of the changes were:
- Sweep private keys.
- Share QR-codes and addresses.
- More supported currencies.
- React Native 0.59
- Almost a full rewrite of settings.
Additionally, we currently proudly support four well-established and secure cryptocurrencies; Bitcoin, Myriad, Groestlcoin and Litecoin. Just pick the one(-s) you prefer!
The COINiD Wallet has developed a lot since its release, and will continuously do so to give our users the best experience possible. Make sure to follow our blog, Twitter, Instagram, and join us on Telegram etc in order to keep track of our updates. However, the best way to learn about the wallet is to use it and experience the updates in real time. So download it today and let us know what you think!